Tuesday, August 28, 2012

CASADIA for Wida

I'm here today with my card for this week's Case Study Challenge.  The challenge is to CASE another player.  My blogging friend Wida came up with this brilliant idea to start a casing chain She called this idea CASADIA because it combines a case with an idea.

Here is the card chain:


First there was  Laura Bassen, who made this card:



Then there was Jennifer Rzasa's card HERE:



Next was Wida's card HERE:



Then Shirley-bee's stamping stuff made this card

Next up is Amy Tsuruta
 
Then this card by Lorena
 
 Next up is this card by Ashley Nguyen Newell ...
and then Lalo's card HERE


Finally here is my card for the chain:


I kept the Kraft base with black and red, used some twine and a button along with the focal point having almost the same shape as Lalo's tree background.  I added one stripe at the bottom because this card needed something to ground it.  My own little touch I used my circle punch to cut little notches for my twine.  I resorted back to the sentiment for my focal point.  That's it's....my contribution to Wida's fun CASADIA and this week's Case Study.  (with just a little more than an hour to spare)

Thanks for stopping by today :)

8 comments:

Wida said...

it is clean, graphic and totally awesome! I like that stamp too.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Totally awesome, Julie!! Love how you simplified the layout and the notches are out of this world fantastic! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week :)

RobbynW said...

That is such a great idea...almost like that game "telephone" when we were kids. Only with stamps and paper! :o) Great card!

Jean Martin said...

Gorgeous CAS card! And I love how you "chained" the cards! I could totally see the progression. Thanks for sharing this with us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

Benzi said...

Julie, what a fabulous card and a fun chain. I LOVE your sentiment and the notches were such a clever idea. This is a totally awesome card!!

pamela said...

Hah, so tempted on continuing the chain!! Brain is churning up ideas from your card.... hmm....

~amy~ said...

How super fun! I love your card...awesome design...love the notches for the twine!

Virginia L. said...

Wow, how AWESOME, Julie! This CASADIA idea sounds like a ton of fun! Way to rock this challenge!