Sunday, August 12, 2012

Go With All Your Heart

I'm here today with a card for this week's CAS-ual Fridays challenge.  The challenge is to create a square card.


The CASE Study challenge this week is "out of the box".  So I decided to pull out a stamp set that I hadn't used before and I went a bit out of my comfort zone with the layout and open space on this card.  I do really like how it turned out.  

The bird is paper pieced in Cherry Cobbler.  The image panel was embossed with the PTI Linen embossing plate.  I think it makes a beautiful background for this stamp set.

Here's the link to the CAS-ual Fridays challenge:

CFC65

Here's the link to the CASE Study challenge:

CASE Study Anniversary Blog Hop

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my card!!!



11 comments:

Jean said...

This is beautiful ~ I really like your choice of stamp set ~ a great CAS card!

Wida said...

this might be my favorite card of yours EVER! it's a beautiful CAS square card, don't you love that impression plate?

shirley-bee said...

This is gorgeous, love the placement, and all that white space!

Benzi said...

Wow! Julie, this is beautiful. You know I love birds and the background is just awesome.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

I love the ZEN feeling to this card, the embossing looks fantastic too! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study Anniversary celebrations! xxx

Debby said...

I love your CAS card! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays and CASE study this week :)

Jean Martin said...

What a gorgeous CAS card! Thanks for joining us over at CASE Study Challenge! :)

Nerina said...

This is so clean and stunning! I love the stylized image and monochromatic scheme you used - it makes your bird POP!

Gayatri Murali said...

Perfect Clean and Simple card. Love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us @ CAS-ual Fridays:)

Jenny said...

Stunning CAS card, I agree the linen texture is a great match for the image :0)
Thanks for getting crafty with us at CASual Fridays :0)
Jenny x

Emily Leiphart said...

Gorgeous card, Julie! I love the colours and the embossing makes it look slightly shimmery!