Sunday, September 9, 2012

Ava Fairy - Well Wishes Card

A couple weeks ago I played along with the Case Study challenge to CASE another player.  I played with my friend Wida and her fun CASIDEA and much to my surprise the super talented DT at Case Study picked my card as one of their Top 3 for that challenge.  What a super honor!  You can see that post with my card and the chain of inspiration HERE.

This week they have a new challenge and the inspiration photo was so fun I had to play along.  The card we have to CASE is from the extremely talented Yoshie Nakagaki aka. Torico

 Here's the card we are CASING:

Here's my card:



I kept they layout mostly the same. Changed the card base from white to red and cut out the layer of matting.  Then I added a layer behind the image circle.  I used the same basic color combination and even found an image with an antenna and wings.  The wings didn't originally have the black stripe.  I added it to make it a little more like the inspiration piece.  I used the adorable Ava Fairy stamp from Totally Stampalicious for the image.  Instead of stitching on the outside I used paper piercing.  One thing you will not find often on my cards is sewing.  Not because I don't like it but because I am not good at it.  The sentiment at the top is from Hero Arts Big Hugs.  I like that this card can be used for Thinking of you, Birthday or Thank you.  The sentiment is so versatile.

This was a FUN challenge!  If you want to play along you can find the challenge here CSC107.

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my card today!

 


 

8 comments:

Wida said...

looks like a great CASE to me! I have trouble with little people images, but you did great! Hope you win AGAIN! :)

Teneale Williams said...

Oh I just adore this card, the image of a sassy bee is just wonderful and your colouring of the image is amazing. I can totally see what your inspiration was from the CASE Study muse. Thanks for playing with us this week. Teneale

Benzi said...

I know exactly why your case of Wida's won...it was totally awesome. I loved it.

This is such a cutie you have made this week. Darling image and wonderful piercing.

Anja (scrappie) said...

Lovely card great colors.

cbuswell said...

Such a sweet card! Love the color combo! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week! : )

Andrea Ewen said...

Super cute, love the colors and that precious image! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CASE Study!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oh, this is so cute! Love that little girl. :)

Virginia L. said...

Congrats on your Top 3 win! That is awesome, Julie! Your image in this card is darling and the way you layered it is superb! Love the pierced holes, too!