Friday, June 29, 2012

Encouragement Card for Paper Players Sketch Challenge

Good Friday Morning!


I'm here today with a card for this week's Paper Players Sketch Challenge PP101.

Supplies
Stamps:   One of Those Days
Paper: Basic Black, Misc DP
Ink:  Memento Black
Accessories:  Black Ribbon, Circle Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, Label Punch, SU Pearls

I chose this color scheme based on the theme of the card.  These aren't my typical colors but I really like the contrast of the soft blue and yellow against the grey and black.  I sponged some silver on the white circle.  The bird and cloud are paper pieced.

The most meaningful card I ever got was from my twin sister.  When I was going through a really rough time, my sister gave me a card with an adorable kitten hanging from a tree with the sentiment - hang in there.  I'll never forget that card because it meant so much to me that she cared so much for what I was going through.  I still have that card 15 years later.  That's why I LOVE this stamp set so much.  It means a lot when you can send someone a card of encouragement when they really need it.


 For my card I used the {ippity} set One of Those Days




PP101

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my card today!



6 comments:

Taylor said...

This is an adorable card!!!

Wida said...

I can't color to save my life! Great job on the card. One day I am going to try out the paper players, do they ever have non sketch challenges? I stink at sketches too.

Wida said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ann Schach said...

What an adorable card! This would bring a smile to anyone's face! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Benzi said...

Sweet and adorable. I like your post about why you made this card. A sis is there at just the right time and knows just what you need. I think this card will do the same for someone else.

Michele Gross said...

Super cute!! Have you by any chance read the latest Happy Hour post at CAS-ual Fridays? Have a great day!