Friday, February 18, 2011

Sympathy for Phoebe


Paper:  Basic Black, Whisper White, Shimmery White
Ink:  Basic Black
Stamps:  My Digital Studio, Thoughts & Prayers, Frames with a Flourish
Accessories:  Polka Dot Embossing Folder, Eyelet Border Punch, Floral Fusion Die, Heart Punch



This month's Stampin' Up card swap theme is a sketch.  This card is based on the sketch - unfortunately I don't have an electronic version of it to share with you but I really did enjoy working with it.  Since this is for the Stampin Up swap all supplies are SU.  I created the framed sentiment in the My Digital Studio program.  I love using MDS for swap cards because it saves a lot of time.  I sized the sentiment to fit into the flourish frame.

I also made this card in loving memory of our dog Phoebe.  We had to say goodbye to her last Saturday.  It was a very sad weekend.  Phoebe was a black and white terrier mix so the color combo is for her too!  I also think it's a perfect classic color combo for a sympathy card.  The red heart represents the spot she will always hold in my heart.

I'll be back later this weekend with this week's Totally Stampalicious challenge BLING!

Thanks for taking the time to check out my card!



2 comments:

Benzi said...

Oh no, this is very sad news about your dog. I have been through that and it is very painful. Your card is a wonderful tribute to Phoebe. The card is just beautiful and I love the little red heart. Take care.
I'll be away for a few days...see you when I return.

Emily Leiphart said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Julie! Your card is very elegant. The little red heart is a great embellishment.