Sunday, April 3, 2011

Totally Stampalicious Birthday Gus




Before I get to this week's Totally Stampalicious challenge, I have an exciting announcement.....the fabulous ladies at Totally Stampalicious have invited me to be a design team member!  I am soooooo excited!!!!  We have a new guest Designer for April too - welcome Heather!

Okay, now that you know the cool news....this week's challenge at Totally Stampalicious is to make a Birthday Card.  I love this challenge because I never have enough birthday cards.  I decided to use the adorable Birthday GUS new release for this challenge.  You can never really have enough masculine cards can you?   I created the layout for this card without using a sketch.  That explains why it took so long.  Sketches are really nice.

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my card. Stop over to the Totally Stampalicious Blog to see all the great samples that that design team has created  for inspiration!  I hope you can play along with us this week!


Supplies:
Stamps:  Birthday GUS
Paper:   Chocolate Chip, Pear Pizzaz, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White
Ink:  Chocolate Chip, Going Grey, Blush Blossom, Pumpkin Pie, Rose Red
Accessories: Scallop Border Punch, Large Circle Punch, Brads, Chocolate Chip Ribbon


9 comments:

Stephanie said...

Gotta love Gus!

Cindy Haffner said...

LOVE Gus, and love your layout Julie!!~

Monique said...

Everybody loves Gus!! lol.. Great LO Julie. Love the colors and the paper piecing... Great work :)

Virgo5 said...

I agree how can you not love Gus! Love his paper pieced robe, he looks great!

Joycelyn Pelkey said...

WHat a cool and groovy sketch...this is super-fab, Julie!!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Oh my word... his slippers are so funny. Makes you giggle. I like these colors you used.

Joanne (jojot) said...

Julie...what a fabulous layout.....fabulous colors...really eyecatching

Emily Leiphart said...

Of course he's wearing bunny slippers! Too funny. I love your colours and layout, Julie!

Benzi said...

Gus and his bunny slippers...guess he just doesn't want to grow up. LOL

Congrats on your Design Team position. You'll make some awesome cards. Love the colors in this card and it just fab.