Thursday, August 30, 2012

Banner Anniversary

This week's CAS-ual Fridays challenge is to use Banners or Flags on your card or project.  I started out with some great ideas, but they just didn't look right when I was putting them together.  Finally I ended up with a very simple (ie: CAS) banner over a fancy glittery heart with an anniversary theme.



For this card I used some beautiful chevron DP from Crate Paper.  I sponged the edges just a bit to add a little more dimension and used dimensionals to adhere it to the base.  The heart was cut from my red glitter paper and adhered with dimensionals as well.  I used kraft paper for the base and banner.  To dress up the banner I added a pearl to each end.  The sentiment is from one of my favorite stamp sets, Everyday Sayings from Hero Arts.

My wedding Anniversary is coming up in October.  I don't usually make cards for any occasion more than a month before hand, but this card just seems perfect for our anniversary.  It's not too fussy, which is good for a masculine card.  

 

CFC67


5 comments:

shirley-bee said...

This is so elegantly understated. I like that you anchored the banner onto the panel rather than having it floating across the heart.

Benzi said...

Wonderful card, Julie. I love the simple design. Very clever way to use the banner. This makes a super anniversary card.

Virginia L. said...

This is DARLING, Julie! Love love the glitter heart with the banner! I am planning a trip to Sterling Heights/Sommerset, MI in October! Perhaps we can meet up finally!? Glad to be back visiting your blog! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Christina said...

This is such a simple but gorgeous design, Julie! I never think to tuck the ends of the banner like that, but it adds so much interest to the design. Love the subtle pattern on the background, too. Thanks for sharing this with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Wida said...

I never met a card with glitter I didn't like! happy anniversary!!!