Sunday, March 15, 2015

If You Like Pina Coladas

Today I have a fun tropical celebration card.  It will likely be a birthday card but it could go along with some other celebration as well.

There is still snow on the ground here, and I don't want to jinx it, but it is starting to melt.  I am starting to feel like spring is on it's way.  So, it's about time to be inspired by something more cheerful.


I've been coming across a lot of cards with sponging this week.  There were quite a few that really inspired me to get out some supplies I haven't used in a while.  I have these chalk ink pads in some fun colors like peach, lime green, yellow and teal.  They remind me of summer.  I don't make many cards using sponging.  In fact, I was looking through my cards on Pinterest and I could only find 2 cards with any sponging.




To make this card I ran white cardstock through the cuttlebug with the PTI Linen Embossing Folder, then I sponged with Versa Magic Chalk Inks.  I covered it with some Glossy Accents and spritzed it with the SU Shimmer Smooch Spritz and let it dry.  I stamped the glass on vellum with versa mark and embossed it with white embossing powder.  Then I colored the image. I cut two circles out of the center with the Sizzix Circle dies and taped the image under the circle.  The top circle is popped up with dimensionals.  I also embossed the sentiment.




I'm entering this card in these challenges:

Happy Little Stampers Sponging
Happy Little Stampers














Virginia's View #13














Addicted to CAS















Supplies:

Stamps:  Cheers to You
Paper:  Calypso Corral, White, Vellum
Ink: Versa Mark, (Versa Magic - Pink Grapefruit, Key Lime, Thatched Straw)
Accessories:  Sponge, Spritz Spray, PTI Linen Embossing Folder, SU Shimmer Smooch Spritz, Sizzix Circle Dies, Dimensionals, White Embossing Powder, Gold Embossing Powder.
Techniques:  Sponging, Embossing


3 comments:

Loll said...

Love your sponged background and frame Julie ... soft sherbert colours that definitely remind me of summer! Perfect to frame your sweet, summery drink.

So happy you were inspired to pull out your sponges. Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers!

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful sponging on your background and your little cocktail is so sweet! Such a charming card, Julie!
So happy you played along with us this week at Addicted to CAS!

Virginia L. said...

This one is just as yummy as the other one you made! I love the soft colors...so dreamy! Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s View “All Things Embossed” Challenge! Hope to see your lovely work soon again!