Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Color Challenge Card - CC274



Today's Color Challenge at Splitcoast Stampers was to use Tempting Turquoise, Cameo Coral and Ruby Red. This was a new color combo for me and I really wasn't sure about it. The cards that were submitted to the challenge all looked really good so I thought I should at least give it a try...there is a reason they call it a challenge. I decided to trust the professional challenge makers and give it a go. In the end I'm happy with the result.

This is the revised version of my color challenge card. My first version was okay, but it felt like it was missing something. I added the bottom edge to the window and changed the scalloped oval paper behind the sentiment from Cameo Coral to Ruby Red.

To add a little fun - I used transparency film to make the window - you can't see it in the picture but it adds a nice element to the actual card.

I did create the image panel and the sentiment in My Digital Studio. I don't have Cameo Coral or Tempting Turquoise ink in my craft room but I do have it on the computer. It seems like every time I make a card I find a way to incorporate the MDS into it.

Thanks for checking out my Blog!

No comments: