Sunday, November 21, 2010

Three Challenges in One Card

I made this card for my nephew's 13th birthday.  This was a challenge for me because.......HELLO he's a 13 year old boy.  I know for a fact he loves skateboarding like I love card making so I decided to make him a skateboard card.  I tried my best to make a "cool" card.  In the end I think it's okay at best.  The only reason I'm posting it is that it was for 2 challenges this week so add the challenge of making a card you have 3 challenges in one card. 

The skateboard digi was a free coloring book page that I found online here.  I printed it out three times, colored it, and taped it to my white circle.  I used a grey marker to outline the skateboards. 

I used this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge for the layout and the color combo is from this week's Just Us Girls Color Challenge.

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my card!

Julie

5 comments:

Lisa Kind said...

I think this is a perfect card for a 13 year old boy that loves skateboarding! I love how you got your image...clever idea! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Monique said...

What a great boy card Julie!! you did a great job with these colors... Your Nephew is going to love it :)!!

AKiteFlier said...

A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E or should I say ooh way cool Auntie!! Well done. Thanks for coloring with JUGS this week. Great card for a 13 year old boy.

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

What a fabuluous boy's card!! You are too hard on yourself - it is VERY cool and I know your nephew will LOVE it! I love the colours and the layout and having the black cardstock base is just so perfect. How clever to use an image from an online colouring book - I will check out the link (thanks for giving it to us. Boy cards are so difficult, but you absolutely nailed it!! Seriously!! So glad you shared it with us :-)

Benzi said...

Great card for a 13 yr. old that loves skateboarding. He is sure to appreciate it. Who really knows what a 13 yr. old likes??? LOL