Sunday, June 19, 2011

Teachers Gifts

It's been a super busy week!  My daughter Emily finished 3rd grade on Thursday and we left Thursday night for Cedar Point (an amusement park in Ohio about 2 1/2 hours by car from our home in Michigan).  We spend the entire day at the amusement park on Friday.  We had perfect weather and short lines for all the rides.  To accommodate my gluten free diet I had a list of foods from the amusement park that were safe to eat and whenever I wanted a meal or snack I had to hunt down the GF foods.  I was very impressed with the information the park provided for me and I was able to enjoy my trip without getting sick!  Overall it was a fabulous end of the school year celebration!  That brings me to the reason I started this post.  Today I'm sharing the teachers gifts I made for Emily's teachers.  I made these clothes pin magnets.



I found directions on several websites and blogs and figured they wouldn't be too hard to make.  They did go together pretty easily.  I decorated both sides of the clothes pins with designer paper.  I'm not sure it was necessary to do that but I do think it looks nice.


Here's how I did it:

Supplies:
  • Clothes Pins (Dollar Store)
  • Designer Paper
  • Mog Podge
  • Paint Brush or Sponge Brush
  • Crystal Effects
  • Neodymium Disc Earth Magnets 1/4 inch x 1/16 inch (bought on Ebay)
  • E-6000 Glue
Instructions:


Trim Designer paper to fit your clothes pin
Apply Modge Podge to one side of Clothes Pin
Lay paper over Modge Podge
Press smooth (Allow to dry)
Apply Modge Podge over paper (Allow to dry)
Appy Crystal Effects over paper  (Allow to dry)

Apply Magnets to back of clothes pin using E-6000 Glue (Allow to dry)

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my Clothes Pin Magnet Project!




2 comments:

Bee said...

These are so cute, we call them clothes pegs, but they're really cool made into magnets!!

Benzi said...

How adorable and I bet the teachers loved them. Good job! Glad you had a fun day at the park and I hope it wasn't too hot.