I'm super EXCITED to share this Clean & Simple card that I made for this week's CAS-ual Fridays Challenge. The theme for the challenge is Clean and Simple movie inspiration. I've had a lot of fun coming up with movie ideas for this one. I finally decided to use "You've Got Mail", the 1998 Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan romantic comedy!
Here's my You've Got Mail inspired card................................
Paper: Kraft, Sweet Cakes Hugs & Kisses DP
Stamps: Computer Generated Sentiment
Accessories: Corner Rounder Punch, Small Heart Punch Stampin Up
The sentiment on this card was computer generated using Microsoft Word. I inserted a text box into my document and typed the sentiment using courier new font at 16 point. I highlighted and colored the word GOT in red - the entire sentiment is bold. That's it, easy peasy!
Now, for the ENVELOPE - here's the really COOL part.....Are you READY???? I MADE THAT ENVELOPE - it's not a DIE - I spent a bit of time working on getting the measurements just right. In case you're interested in making an envelope of your own I'm including a tutorial. My first ever VIDEO tutorial!!!!
Mini Envelope Directions:
1. Cut to 3 6/16 x 2 3/4
2. Score Landscape (wide) at 1 inch on both sides
3. Score at 3/4 of an inch on the portrait (long) side
4. Cut all 4 corner tabs
5. Find the mid point on each landscape tab. About 1.5 cm
6. Draw a diagonal line to each corner from the center on both sides
7. Cut the triangles out
8. Now you have your envelope template.
9. Fold the bottom and two sides and secure with tape
10. If you want to make a paper insert for the envelope it measures 1.5 in. x 1.25 in.
Thanks for stopping by and checking out my Clean and Simple movie inspired creation!