Sunday, July 31, 2011

Frozen Treats / August 2011 Calendar Page


HAPPY AUGUST!!!!!  August is by far my FAVORITE month of the year.  I'm all about summer and I just love the warm August weather here in Michigan!

Today I'm sharing my August calendar page!  Since the 1st of August also falls on a Monday I decided to combine my calendar page with the Totally Stampalicious Challenge this week.  This week's challenge is to use some sort of Frozen Treat on your creation.  Keeping with the theme of my favorite things I chose ICE CREAM for my frozen treat.  I used the newly released Poppi Penguin stamp set for my image. The calendar was created Microsoft Excel.  The ice cream cones were made using the Stampin' Up scallop circle punch and a triangle that I cut free hand on my paper trimmer.  The calendar stand is from Taylored Expressions.

I also created a tutorial for making calendar pages.  You can find the tutorial just below this post.

Here's a link to the Totally Stampalicious Blog where you can find some more fabulous frozen treat inspiration!


Thanks for stopping by and checking out my frozen treats calendar page! 

Here are a few more calendar pages to inspire you:


Kathryn Scrap Happy


Before I go I have a couple blog awards to pass along.  Thanks to Pam at CraftyCards4u2 for selecting me for the blog awards!


I've selected 3 Blogs and my readers to pass this on to:

1.  Min at Kaymin Kreations
2.  Tammy at My Craft Central
3.  Elizabeth Allan at Elizabeth Allan's Art Studio
4.  My Blog Readers (if you haven't received either one of these awards please feel free to pick them up and pass them on!)


7 comments:

Benzi said...

Julie,I love those ice cream cones and what a great way to make them. Your calendar pages are always great. About August, it will be sweltering here and the humidity will just about kill us. But, just the same, I'm with you...I'm a summer kind of girl. Already dreading winter.

Virgo5 said...

Julie Poppi makes a fantastic calendar page for August! I love the cones too! Thanks for the great tutorial and links, I might have to try making a calendar now!

dolcreations said...

This is a wonderful August calendar Julie...you have totally summed it up with those adorable cones! I am like you I just love summer!Thank-you so much for your sweet comment today on my blog....I appreciate it so much.

Elizabeth Allan said...

Beautiful calendar page Julie. It is an honor to be mentioned on your blog. Thank you from one Michigan girl to another. Elizabeth Allan.

Tammy said...

Adorable Calendar Julie!! Love the ice cream cones! Thank you so much for thinking of me and passing along the award!!
Hugs, Tammy :)

Joanne (jojot) said...

what a very clever and cute calendar page....certainly festive with Poppi

Monique said...

What a cute calendar page Julie fun and perfect for summer :)..I didn't get mind done this month:( next month for sure!!