Sunday, July 3, 2011

Stars, and Stripes and GUS

 Happy 4th of July!


Supplies
Stamps:  Birthday Gus
Paper: Night of Navy, Real Red, Yankee Doodle DP, Red Sparkle DP
Accessories:  Large Star Punch, Small Star Punch, Scallop Edge Punch, Night of Navy Ribbon, White Star Brad


Today, in America, we celebrate Independence Day.  God Bless the USA!


This month is going to be a busy one!  I've been working ahead on my July projects because I'm leaving for vacation on Thursday.  I'm so excited for vacation!  I'm also super excited to share all my projects.

This adorable Gus card is for this week's Totally Stampalicious - Stars & Stripes Challenge.  I used the Totally Stampalicious Birthday Gus stamp set for the image and sentiment.  The designer paper is from We R Memory Keepers (Yankee Doodle designer paper).  I love, love, love this paper!  I also got to use my Stampin' Up Red Glitter paper.  Of course Gus is looking fabulous in Red, White, and Blue - he always makes me laugh.  

The Totally Stampalicious Design Team has put together some fabulous samples for this week's challenge!  You can check out all the samples over at the Totally Stampalicious Blog!

I'm also including this card in this week's Catch the Bug Anything Goes Challenge.   Saturday - July 16th Bugaboo Stamps is having a Christmas in July Blog Hop followed by a week full of Events, Prizes and lots of Surprises!  Click the link on my sidebar for all the details!

I'm entering this card in the following Challenges:
Splitcoast Stampers:  Ways to Use it:  Something Old / Something New
Bugaboo Stamps:  Anything Goes

Craft us Crazy:  Red, White & Blue and/or Summer
I Did it Creations:  Patriotic
Sentimental Sundays:  Anything Goes
Crafting for all Seasons:  Red, White, and Blue


Thanks for stopping by and checking out my card!  I hope you can play along with this week's Stars & Stripes challenge!





16 comments:

Ashley said...

Beautiful card, love the glittery stars. Happy Fourth of July! Looking forward to seeing more of your creations, I am now a follower. :)

I would love if you stopped by my new craft blog, Made Especially For You.

Ashley
http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

Joanne (jojot) said...

Gus is looking quite festive...love the layered stars....a true celbratory card

Unknown said...

Adorable card, Julie! I love that dp!! I'm not big on patriotic papers, but this one is awesome!! Fantastic card, too!! Gus is perfect!

Virgo5 said...

Awesome Julie, I love red glittery stars! Hope you have a great vacation!

Virginia L. said...

So fun! I love this image and how you showcased it! Happy 4th of July!

Unknown said...

I love your card it's wonderful I just found your blog. I am new to this world too. I would love for you to visit me too. If you do scroll down, to see projects, I have been sick so I have just today gotten back on my computer. I am a new follower. Hugs, Pam at http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/

Benzi said...

Oh, that Gus is such a cute guy and helps to make great cards. Love your stars and scalloped border.
Have a great time on your vacation. Be glad when I start mine.

Michelle said...

What an awesome card Julie!! I really like Gus....and he is just fab on this card!! Have a great 4th and enjoy your vacation!!

papertrails leaver said...

Terrific card! Love this character Gus! Thx or sharing with us at Sentimental Sundays!

Erica said...

Very cool! Great work! Thanks for playing along with IDIC! ~Erica

Lori Turner said...

What an awesome 4th of July card! Love all the details :)

Min said...

This Gus card is just fabulous! Love the papers and blinged out stars! Thanks so much for playin' along with us this week for the Catch The Bug "Anything Goes" Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps! Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min
Kaymin Kreations

Cindy Haffner said...

Julie your card is FABULOUS love all your details.

Mary J said...

Oh Julie, what a lot of fun - LOVE it!

Design og Hobby said...

Great card! Love the stamp and the patterned papers!
Thanks for joining CFAS this week!
Hugs Gry

Emily Leiphart said...

This is so fun, Julie! I love the background with those sparkly stars. Great 4th of July card!