Sunday, April 22, 2012

CAS-ual Friday Sketch Challenge

It's been a couple week's since I've had time to play along in the CAS-ual Friday challenge.  This week they have a sketch challenge.  Here is my "congratulations" card based on the sketch.

Supplies
Stamps: Hero Arts Everyday Sayings
Paper: Bazzil White Textured, Night of Navy
Ink:  White Gel Pen
Accessories: Large and Small Star Punch

I'm still not sure about this card.  Yes, it's CAS, yes it follows the sketch (mostly).  My daughter loves this card, she's always so very sweet.  Still it is a very quick and easy card that you could use for a graduation or to congratulate someone so I thought I'd share it.

I punched the large star in the night of navy paper and then punched it out of the textured white cs and popped it in the opening.  The small star was just popped up on a glue dot.  I used a white gel pen to outline the stars and the border.  The sentiment was stamped with white ink and then heat embossed with white embossing powder.

How do you like my red glitter background?  I've been noticing people putting pretty paper backdrops behind their cards and I thought I'd give it a try. 

Here's the sketch in case you want to play along!!!

CFC49

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my card!

5 comments:

Benzi said...

Love this card, Julie. It is super for congrats on just about anything. I like how you outlined the stars and border. The red glittered paper is perfect behind this card...really made your card stand out!

Virginia L. said...

Truly CAS and effective! Love the star and color combo1., Julie!GREAT job on the faux stitching! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Johanna said...

This card looks awesome!! I really like the colours and everything about it :)

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Super fun and clever! Love your application of the sketch!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! We're so glad you did!

Laura Davis said...

Grat card!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura