Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Congratulations...on your Bun in the Oven

My sister in law and her husband are expecting their first baby so I've been working on a card to congratulate the new parents to be.  I found some great inspiration online for some really cute cards with the bun in the oven theme.  Here's my card.......


and the inside......



The sentiment is computer generated.  I printed the Congratulations on my Baja Breeze cardstock and the inside sentiment was printed on PTI White CS and taped inside the card.

The little cupcake on the front and inside were both paper pieced.

Since I don't have a die cut for an oven (or a Gypsy or Cricuit for that matter), I had to make my own oven with the supplies I had. 


I used 3 Punches to make the oven:  
  1. SU Owl Punch
  2. SU Cupcake Builder Punch
  3. Corner Rounder Punch

Here is the recipe for the Oven:

Oven:   2 3/4" x 3" certainly celery - I made a mate around that 2/16" larger than the base in chocolate chip

Oven Door:  1 3/4" x 2 1/8"- chocolate chip and vellum

Knobs:  SU Owl Punch Eyes - Chocolate Chip
              SUCupcake Builder Punch Circles  - Certainly Celery

Stamps:  Inkadinkado, Birthday Cupcakes

Heart:  SU Owl Punch


Supplies


I'm including this card in the following challenges:
The Paper Players:  #89 Tickle Your Funny Bone
Shopping our Stash:  Punch it Out
Ditzy Crafty Mess:  Baby Theme


Thanks for stopping by and checking out my card today!






15 comments:

Unknown said...

Julie this is so much fun great idea and a fab card Hugs Elaine

Hazel said...

Very creative idea - lovely card - thanks for joining in the 'punch it out' challenge on Shopping our Stash, Hazel, Guest Designer x

Virginia L. said...

This is SO cute, Julie!! I am sure your sister in law and her hubby would love this!GREAT paper-piecing!!

Unknown said...

this is really awesome, love it, congrats to the lucky couple and thank you for playin with us at Ditzy-Craftymess Challenge Blog

Hugs
Judie xx

Lesley said...

I love this idea! What a fun card for the expecting parents! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players.

Angela said...

Brillinat novel idea! What a great way to send congratulations. Love it!

Thanks for taking part in the Ditzy-Craftymessers with us.

Ax

Benzi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Benzi said...

Aren't you the creative one? What a great idea and I'm sure the card will give your sil and her hubby a big smile. Thanks for letting us know how you made the oven. Cute, cute, cute!!!

LeAnne said...

Oh my gosh, this is the cutest, cleverest thing! What a great idea! Sweet colors, too! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Paper Players this week!

LeAnne said...

Oh my gosh, this is the cutest, cleverest thing! What a great idea! Sweet colors, too! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Paper Players this week!

Shirley-Anne said...

So cute and clever .A lovely thought too . Thanks for sharing on Ditzy craftymess Challenge Blog

paige said...

So creative and cute! So happy you joined us this week at Shopping Our Stash!

Jen W. said...

Your oven rocks! I love creations like this. :)

Jenn Picard said...

So incredibly clever! Love the oven and the cute little cupcake, and the sentiment inside is perfect! So glad you joined us at The paper Players this week!

Leslie Hanna said...

Oh, my, this is GREAT! I love the oven, and you certainly used a ton of punches! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!