Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Happy 10th Birthday Emily

Today is my daughter's 10th Birthday!  Here's the card I made for her.  She is really into orange and yellow lately so I made the card to match her favorite colors.


This card measures 4.25 in x 6 in to allow for 3 flowers.  The flower is Hero Arts (Little Polka Dots Blossom Cling).  I stamped the flowers on So Saffron with versamark ink and then heat embossed with white embossing powder.  The flower centers are 1/2 inch circles punched from groovy guava.  I added some crystal effects and glitter to them.  Then I finished it with some glitter glue on each of the scallops.  The sentiment is from the Big Hugs stamp set, also by Hero Arts.


Thanks for stopping by and checking out my card today!  I'm off to have a Birthday Funday with my birthday girl!!!!!

ETA:  In all my excitement yesterday from my daughter's birthday I forgot to link this to the A Blog Named Hero Play Favorites Challenge.  This week is the first challenge.  You can find the details HEREI just started using Hero Arts stamps this year but I already have some favorites.


12 comments:

Virginia L. said...

A perfect card for your darling daughter! What a milestone!! this flower card is cute and fun yet has a touch of elegance to it! Happy 10th birthday, Emily!

Unknown said...

Emilys card is lovely well done Hugs Elaine
Happy Birthday Emily
TEN hugs from Elaine

Chari Moss said...

Lovely little card!

Benzi said...

I think I'm a day late but hope your daughter had a wonderful birthday. I bet she loved this sweet card in her fav colors.
My hubby's birthday is today. We'll go out tonight to dinner but no dancing. :-)

Mary Dawn said...

happy, fun card! thank you for playing along with our first challenge!

Kristen said...

perfect age appropriate card, i'm sure she will love it!

xo, Kristina
Visiting from A Blog Named Hero
Please stop by and say hello :)
www.pearlgateway.com

Linda said...

what a great card--happy birthday to your daughter!

Thank you so much for playing along with our challenge!

Good lucK!
Linda

A Blog Named Hero

Anonymous said...

Super cute card! Congrats on your win at A Blog Named Hero!!

donna mikasa said...

What a fun card, Julie! Congrats on your win at ABNH!

CinnamonSally said...

Congratulations on your win at ABNH!!

Virginia L. said...

YAY, Julie! Congrats on your win!! So happy for you!

Maureen Morton said...

A big congrats - your daughter was a winner to get this card and now you are one, too! Enjoy!