Monday, April 16, 2012

More Chevrons....

Today I have 2 cards to share with you.  I made them both for the Embellish Magazine Chevron Color Trends Challenge.

In my last post I mentioned that I don't have any chevron stamps or dies or designer paper.  Well, that is still the case.  So, I decided to design my own chevrons using Microsoft Excel.  The background paper I used for these two cards was created digitally by ME.  It's a close tie for me between my love for card making and my love for Excel.  Being able to combine these two makes me HAPPY!  

 Here's my first card.......


I decided to make use of my extra paper and created a second card.....


Here's what my paper looked like when I printed out my chevron pattern:


I printed this page up with grey chevrons on grey paper.  I can easily change the color on this pattern to make it work with any project I'm working on. 

I'd love to know what you think of my digitally created chevrons!  I did spend quite a few hours fussing with the pattern and in the end I'm happy with how they turned out.





Thanks for stopping by 
and checking out my card today!


Julie

4 comments:

Virginia L. said...

So inventive and creative with your own digitally designed chevron! Love the design and flowers! So good to see you have fun with this challenge, Julie! You did an awesome job!!

Benzi said...

Your digitally created chevrons are awesome! You are having the best fun...I can tell. Beautiful cards. Gorgeous flowers.

I went to my craft room yesterday and made some chevrons from the tutorial you did last week. I really like them but I haven't made a card yet. I did a few with my zig zag chain punch, too. I have a card made with those but won't be uploaded for about a week and a half. Thanks for your tutorial and for making it easy.

Elizabeth Allan said...

Your chevron designs are fabulous Julie. Love the dimensional flowers!

Bev Gomez said...

Aren't you just SO CLEVER Julie. Great cards. Love them. Hugs,Bev