|Paper Players Challenge # 90|
These are just fabulous colors aren't they?
I've been seeing chevrons everywhere lately and I really thought these colors would look pretty with the chevron pattern. I don't have any chevron stamps, dies or designer paper so I needed to figure out how to make them myself. I only needed 3 supplies - paper trimmer, bone folder and scissors.
Here's my card:
Just in case you've been wanting to make chevrons, here are the step by step directions:
1. Cut a strip of cardstock to 1" by 5.5".
2. Score the 1 inch wide strip at 1/2 inch (straight down the middle)
3. Flip strip to landscape and score at every 1/2 " until 5" (you'll have 2 rows of 1/2 inch squares)
4. Cut triangles out to the middle score line along one edge
5. Cut opposite triangles out on the opposite side.
That's it! Really it wasn't too hard to do at all and I like the extra dimension that the score lines give to the pattern.
Thanks for stopping by and checking out my card today!